Is it time for Christmas music yet?
Multi-platinum-selling recording artist Josh Turner is releasing his first-ever Christmas album, King Size Manger, October 8th on MCA Nashville.
The holiday project features fresh interpretations of the classics and introduces four originals, three of which were written or co-written by Turner.
“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” will feature Turner’s wife Jennifer and his four children, as well as “Joy To The World” featuring Rhonda Vincent the queen of bluegrass.
“You may be surprised to hear my arrangement on some of these songs that you know so well,” Josh said. “We had a lot of fun throwing out all the preconceived notions of what a Christmas record should sound like. In my opinion, it’s about the words and the heart and soul of how a song sounds. You don’t need jingle bells on a song to make it a Christmas song.”
View this post on Instagram
King Size Manger Track Listing:
- Angels We Have Heard On High
- What He’s Given Me (Featuring Pat McLaughlin)*
- King Size Manger*
- Joy To The World (Featuring Rhonda Vincent)
- Soldier’s Gift*
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Featuring The Turner Family)
- Go Tell It On The Mountain
- Mele Kalikimaka My ‘Ohana (Featuring Jake Shimabukuro and Ho’okena)*
- The First Nowell
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town
- Silent Night, Holy Night