General Contest Rules
(revised June 28, 2022)
A printed copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of Max Media of Hampton Roads: WGH-AM/FM, WVBW-FM, WTWV-FM and WVSP-FM, 5589 Greenwich Rd., Suite 200, Virginia Beach, VA. 23462, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
- No purchase is necessary.
- All contestants must be 18 years of age or older to win unless otherwise stated.
- All contests are open to the general public except for employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates of MAX MEDIA OF HAMPTON ROADS, participating sponsors, their immediate families, and household members.
- An individual may participate in each on-air contest only once for the life of the contest.
- An individual may win/qualify other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- Consolation prizes, if offered, may vary depending on the availability of prizes.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or accumulate prizes to value over $600 per calendar year will be issued an IRS form 1099 to report their winnings. All cash winners must fill out Affidavit of Eligibility and Release.
- Any individual who wins a prize valued over $500 is ineligible to win another contest through MAX MEDIA OF HAMPTON ROADSfor 6 months.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and may not be exchanged.
- The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver prizes as promised. Once winners are drawn, prize claims, improper working prizes, etc. must be handled between prize winner and client.
- The Station is not responsible for telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from completing his/her telephone call. Due to delays on the on-line streaming of its broadcast signal, listeners to the online stream may not be able to participate in, or may be at a disadvantage, in participating in on-air contests.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Station, MAX MEDIA OF HAMPTON ROADS, and their affiliates shall have no liability and shall be held harmless for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest by use or non-use of any prize received.
- All general prizes must be claimed in person at the Station during regular business hours and within 30 days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of prize reverts back to the Station to be disposed of at their discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
- All prizes with specific dates (concerts, premieres, events, etc.) or expiration dates must be picked up by close of business on the business day nearest the expiration date.
- Proper identification must be presented to claim prize.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials, as well as all the information contained thereon or within, gathered during the course of entry, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of, or destroyed at the discretion of the Station.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Station may broadcast or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including their voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation. All entrants further agree to hold Station harmless and without liability for such publication, broadcast or use.
- Station reserves the right to end or modify a contest at any time without any advanced notice to the public.
- In the event of a tie, one winner will be randomly chosen out of all qualified entries.
- Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- Only one member per household may qualify per contest.
- Violations of any of these rules or attempts to win any contest by fraud, deception, or cheating shall be grounds for Station to disqualify that individual from participating in all current and future contests and events at the sole discretion of the Station, as well as forfeiture of any prize or prizes won by fraudulent means.