What are you afraid of?
Famous last words of…well, I can’t remember, but I’m sure someone famous said it.
With Friday the 13th upon us, what are some of your weird and unusual phobias? I once talked to a girl who was afraid of being licked in the face. Not even kidding around, she was really scared of it happening. I also once watched a Maury Povich episode about phobias and one lady was afraid of tin foil. Not sure how someone ends up afraid of tin foil, but I believed her.
Here are the most common phobias in America.
- Claustrophobia: Fear of being in constricted, confined spaces.
- Aerophobia: Fear of flying.
- Arachnophobia: Fear of spiders.
- Driving phobia: Fear of driving a car.
- Emetophobia: Fear of vomiting.
- Erythrophobia: Fear of blushing.
- Hypochondria: Fear of becoming ill.
As for me, I’m still a little claustrophobic, not as bad as I was when I was a little kid. I can thank my older brother for locking me in the trunk and locking me in real tight spaces. It was lovely. For Carly, well, she’s afraid of all phobias.