Gov. Ralph Northam announced Tuesday that most of Virginia will enter phase 2 of Virginia’s coronavirus reopening plan on Friday, June 5,
Richmond and Northern Virginia, which just entered phase 1 this past Friday, May 29, will not be included. Though it also just entered phase 1 on May 29, Accomack County on the Eastern Shore will be able to enter phase 2. Northam said he believes the outbreak there, which included more than 500 COVID-19 cases at its chicken plants, is under control after “rigorous testing.”
Phase 2 includes:
- Reopening indoor seating at restaurants at 50% capacity
- Reopening indoor gyms at 30% capacity
- Reopening of entertainment venues such as zoos, museums and botanical gardens
- Reopening swimming pools with restrictions
- Resuming recreational sports with restrictions
Phase 2 also increases limits on social gatherings from 10 to 50 people.
“But we are still safer at home,” Northam said, saying that face masks will still be required in indoor spaces and teleworking is still recommended.
Via WAVY TV 10